Phase II Assessments
Phase II Environmental Assessments
Advanced Environmental Management performs Phase II Environmental Assessments in general accordance with ASTM E 1527-05. The scope of this service is determined by the findings of the Phase I Environmental Assessment on a site-specific basis.
Description of options required for Environmental Assessment Phase II
- Installation of appropriate number of soil borings to a depth just below groundwater.
- Take soil samples every 5 feet.
- Screen with an Organic Vapor Analyzer (OVA) for solvent odors.
- Collect sample with the highest OVA reading or just above the water table.
- Analyze Results at a qualified analytical laboratory for Appendix I Volatile Organic Compounds (VOC).
- Complete each boring in which groundwater is encountered as a monitor well (can be temporary wells, if desired).
- Collect a groundwater sample from each well and analyze at a qualified analytical laboratory for a broad range of volatiles (EPA Method 624).
- Survey wells for evaluations and measure depth to groundwater.
- Compute groundwater flow direction.
- Prepare an interpretive report with recommendations.